Mrs. Gossman and I spent a lovely Friday night gambling away the mortgage money at an area casino. The deal we got came with discount dinners and breakfasts at the casino buffet.
Now, remember -- I am not one who can eat too many things he loves. Most of which can be found in casino buffets.
Dinner, I got through...thanks to shrimp; a wonderful clam chowder; and fresh salads. And since it was cheap, it was even better. Breakfast...well, that's another story.
Out of the ten bucks I spent...I got my choice of bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, london broil. Or, what I actually ended up with: nasty (and I suspect somewhat artificial) scrambled egg-loaf; oatmeal (two tasty helpings; no sugar) and pineapple. All for the princely sum of eight bucks.
In the two weeks since I got the doctors' orders, it was the worst of mealtimes. It sucked from end to end...and only the encouragement of my lovely bride got me to see that it was for the best.
Note to you, and to self: stay out of casinos. And their associated buffets. Rough stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment