Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Got Some 'Splainin' To Do

Greetings, fellow citizens. It is I, once again...the angry suburban Irishman.

To all who have called, written, texted and commented, thank you. Let me start off by saying the following: I AM NOT DYING!

Over the last few days, I've had quite a few things happen. Some of which will affect my way of living and my choices; some of which affect my relationships; and some of which will make sense down the line.

To wit:

Last weekend, in a written exchange on a well known social networking site (not MySpace), a friend of mine and I slagged someone we both respect. Publicly. Badly. And, to the misfortune of all involved, the victim of this exchange got wind of it through a third party.

You've not lived a worse life until someone you've manured gets out from under the crap you dumped on him, and lets you know how much he disliked it.

There's not an excuse to be made, not a reason in the world for doing it, and certainly no justification for doing it in front of the whole world. It was unfair, disrespectful, and I regret doing it. This individual was genuinely classy in how he handled this, and he accepted an apology offered from the heart. We're moving on from it, and I respect him wholeheartedly for being the better man.

Lesson: there's a way to express oneself without resorting to personal attacks. Particularly when you have to account for what you say and do. The blog you're reading is my accountability. There won't be anymore burials here. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment