On Monday of this week, I was fortunate enough to get the medical news no one wants: clean up your act now, or you may not have a "later."
Since then, I've been eating very responsibly -- 1500 calories a day, max; drinking more water than a camel preparing for a three-week trek across Barstow; taking nightly half-hour walks with Mrs. Gossman (sainted woman who's getting me through all my self-inflicted crap); and resting more. '
Starting weight: 230 pounds. Current weight after three days: 226.5 pounds.
End goal: 190 pounds by June 18.
It's a lifestyle change, and it is tough. Brutal, if I am being honest. There are only a few things I love in this life...my wife, my kids, fried food, coffee and dessert. I have still have my wife and kids.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm kinda hurt...you don't love your friends?! You still have us...like or not I guess...
ReplyDelete