You can hang some of the problems at EGR on the present economic climate...and I think you can blame Teresa Earnhardt for nearly everything else.
The widow of Dale Earnhardt Sr. has managed to alienate the two most prominent members of the Intimidator's family, son Dale Jr. (now snatching mediocrity from the jaws of success at Hendrick) and Kelley (who runs a big piece of JR Motorsports, Dale Jr's organization). Once Junior took his ball and walked off, Dale Earnhardt Inc (predecessor of EGR prior to Teresa's off season merger with Chip Ganassi) was rendered almost irrelevant. The loss of the big black 8 on Sunday takes whatever profile EGR had left and places it on the shoulders of Juan Pablo Montoya, driving the 42.
Now, if you were anyone with a piece of Earnhardt-Ganassi, wouldn't you sleep well at night knowing that Juan Montoya was largely responsible for YOUR success?
Nice work, Teresa...not that it's ALL your fault, I'm sure. But I came to the table without much respect to start with.
No comments:
Post a Comment